Sunday, 2 October 2016

CASology Challenge, Week #217: CUTE


Hey, people! When I saw the cue word at the CASology Challenge this week, I had to remind myself that I like a good challenge - in the true sense of the word. I don't do cute! But I wanted to join this week as well, so I looked through my enormous collection of stamps to see if I could find anything that would pass as cute - and I did!



I think this viking baby is very cute and so adorable. It was designed by my cousin and friend Liv for my first stamp company, Stampinavia. Scandinavian images were not available at the time (1999), so I designed some and Liv designed quite a few for me (I love her drawings!).

I sold Stampinavia in 2005 when I went back to college and didn't have the time to run it any longer. Most of my old stamps are still available at Kreativ Hobby here in Norway, including this viking baby.

Anyway - I stamped the baby with waterproof ink on watercolour paper and coloured it in with Distress inks and a waterbrush. I know one woman who is pregnant, but I don't know whether it's a boy ... if not, I'll save this card for the next baby boy born into our family or circle of friends (or rather our friends' children - most of my friends are much too old to reproduce!!)


I'm entering my cute card to this challenge:


You have until Monday night to join ....
I was late this week because I had too much work to do (which is good),
but I've taken Sunday off to play with ink...  and I think I'll crawl back into my non-cute comfort  zone now ;-)

Thanks for looking!





4 comments:

  1. Such a cute and adorable card. The viking baby is so unique...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mac! :) He is, isn't he? x

      Delete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥