Saturday, October 22, 2016

Beki goes to Town with Zig Watercolour Markers


Hello everyone!
Do you know what it's like when you want to make something but you're not sure what? I bet I'm not the only one who often feel that way. So, what's a girl to do?? Ah - look at challenges, of course! That usually gets my mojo going, anyway. I went to the Paper Playful blog where there are hundreds of challenges listed, and started scrolling ....

The first challenge that caught my eye was that from the As you like it challenge
where the question this week is whether we prefer to use old or new stash (and why). I've never seen their challenges before, but I knew right away how to answer that question: I prefer BOTH! haha ;)
I like using NEW stamps, but OLD and beloved products, such as watercolour paper, Distress inks and Archival black ink. The reason why I prefer new stamps is that they are able to excite me in ways that older stamps usually don't - with a few exceptions of old faves, of course. The reason why I prefer using old products is that I have tried so many different kinds of papers and ink since I started stamping that I'm pretty sure I've finally found the ones that suit me the best - and why fix it if it ain't broken, right?

The next challenge I saw was The Crafter's Cafe #159: Use a new technique.
Yessss, I wanted to use my brand new ZIG Clean Color markers! What - no Distress inks this time? *ahem*  Well,  I love watercolouring with Distress inks but I had seen such lovely results with these watercolour markers that I had to have'em! Using them to colour in stamped images is a new technique for me and this is my first finished card.

So, there you have it. My mojo had been awakened! I decided to use some new stamps and a new product/new technique, and here's the result:


Those cool girls is a stamp called Beki, designed by Donna Gray for That's Crafty!
Isn't Beki lovely? I think she's super cool. Notice that little house dangling down from the blue and purple Beki's hair -  I love that detail! Besides, her hair house goes really well with these new Textured Houses stamps from Rubber Dance. The hair house on the yellow Beki ended up on her dress. I'm not a 100 % happy with how my watercolours turned out, but I'm sure I'll get a hang of those ZIG markers with a bit of practise. They're so juicy and vivid!! The first time I saw those markers in use was in fact on Donna's blog, so my colouring her Beki stamp with them is quite appropriate, isn't it? :)

I'm entering my card to these three challenges:
As you like it: Old or New stash? (I've answered that question above)
The Crafter's Cafe #159: Use a new technique (watercolouring with Zig markers)
Cards und More #169: Watercolour


Thanks for looking!


15 comments:

  1. Love your brights. The texture house stamps are so cute and make a wonderful background for the girls. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ionabunny! :) Yes, don't they though? Perfect match!
      Hugs back

      Delete
  2. Ooooooh LOVE what you've done with Beki, what an absolutely stunning creation! Your new house stamps fit so perfectly with mine Bibi! As for your colouring skills they are wonderful too, you're a natural at it ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! :) I can clearly see where I went wrong with the colouring, but if you can't then I'll stick to your story ...LOL
      Glad you like what I did with your Beki stamp. She is awesome!
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  3. a nice card and thanks for participation on the challenge of cards and more. Margrit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your card is stunning, Bibi. I love the vibrant colours and the stamps. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It. Hope to see you next time. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wilma! :) I'll be back - this was a fun and different challenge! Luv xx

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous Bibi! I love the colors so awesome and beautiful. Wonderful magical blog, so happy :)
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! :) Btw, thanks for being a follower of my blog. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  6. The colours are clean and vibrant, I can see why these pens are popular!Love how you mixed these two stamp sets, great design Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Craftyfield! :) Yes, those pens are awesome!! I've never had much luck with markers before. These are quite different.

      Delete
  7. Lovely bright colours on this project and a super explanation too for our challenge at AYLI, thanks for joining us.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! What a fun challenge you guys have! xx

      Delete
  8. this is truly wonderful, great colours and I have to agree with your dilemma about old or new stash...I love both too!! Thank you for joining in at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥