Friday, 28 October 2016

Watercolour on Yupo Paper - Cats Galore!


Hello, everyone! I've been having such fun experimenting with my new ZIG Clean Color Markers, using them on different kinds of paper.

For the challenges I'm entering today, I tested the markers on Yupo paper. Yupo is a synthetic but recyclable, tree-free paper with a plastic feel to it. The ZIG markers worked great! The Yupo paper allows for a long drying time, so the colours were super duper easy to blend.

 

Isn't that cat adorable? It's a stamp designed by my friend Donna Gray for That's Crafty in the UK. The cat's name is Bentley and the stamp is quite big (which I love): 10 cm tall and 6,5 wide. 

I stamped Bentley randomly around the paper (20,5 cm x 10,5 cm) with Archival ink, which took some time to dry on the Yupo paper, but once dry it stays.

After colouring in the cats using the watercolour markers, and a waterbrush here and there, I held my breath (not sure if I'd ruin it all) and lightly misted the painting with water....... and I did achieve what I wanted (phew!). I really like the imperfect "colour outside the lines" effect.

I'm entering my watercolour card to these three fine challenges:

http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.no/2016/10/32-cute-animals.html 


http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.no/2016/10/32-cute-animals.html 


http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.no/2016/10/32-cute-animals.html 



Thanks for looking!

 

26 comments:

  1. Great stamp and I love the artsy way you've colored it. xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much I LOVE this Bibi and I'm going to have a go at the spraying on Yupo as you've achieved such a cool effect like that, you clever lady :)
    Oh and of course it's been added to my little gallery too!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! I am in live with what you created AND I have a shelf full of Yupo paper that I am now running to pull out... Grin. Thanks for the awesome share 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your gorgeous design! The Yupo paper is fabulous - I'd love to try it! I so enjoy seeing everyone's kitty cards! This is such a fun hop! I hope you're enjoying it too!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Canada
    fitkitty1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. It's so CUTE. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty!
    love colors!
    Fiki from Croatia
    fikreta.posavec@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of these products but your card is lovely, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cool looking. I like the runny paint look and not staying in the links. Very artsy!
    PJ from US, princessjudy4 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous kitty card, Bibi! Love the stamp and the way you've coloured it.
    caroleannjones2 (at) msn (dot) com
    Uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the kitty's peeping out!Super cute!
    Tee USA thealteredpaper(at)gmail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your watercolored cats are beautiful and that is such a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is such a fun design and I love the multi-colored cats! That cat stamp is really adorable
    kladd94803 at aol.com
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABulous background and I am totally in love with the Bentley stamp :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yupo added to my shopping list... Love the effect with the watercolours.
    Lovely card Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute!!!

    raggiodiluce82 at gmail dot com

    Italy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have water colored those cats beautifully! I agree - the outside the lines look is so pretty! I got a set of the Zig markers as well and now I need to get some yupo! XO
    Christi ~ StampinDiva at Yahoo dot com ~ USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that's adorable! I love how colorful it is. Yupo is fun to play with. banaszakv58atgmaildotcom USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely lovely and one of my favorites so far!
    Gorgeous colors and so glad the water misting worked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe I haven't tried my Yupo stash yet! Thanks for the inspiration!! LOVE the mod colors and that heart shaped nose!! (USA - dcomer1 gmail)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These colorful kitties are one of my very favorites! Love the cheerful color in your design! Beautiful!
    Take care!
    Michele, USA
    crimsonowl@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! Bentley is a beautfal design! Love your watercolour work..truly looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like these colorful cats!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that card so cute. And that stamp image is adorable!!Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOWSAZ! Thank you, everyone, for your sweet comments!!! I tried to return the favour, but I'm afriad I ran out of time .... I really appreciate it, though!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in love with your colorful creation!!! Love this kitty image and how you blended your inks. It is just gorgeous.

    Thanks so much for participating in the 2016 Cat Lovers Hop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥