Sunday, 30 October 2016

CASology Challenge, Week #221: CURE


Hello there! When I saw that the cue word at CASology this week was CURE, I thought long and hard about all kinds of serious matters ...until deciding on a funny cure instead:


My card is featuring yet another beautiful stamp designed by my friend Donna Gray for That's Crafty! This one is called Serena. (Previously, I've used Bentley, Donna's adorable cat stamp on this card, and Beki, one of her whimsical women on this card). 

I've used my new ZIG clean color markers again - this time on cardstock with a coat of white Gesso - a tip I got from Donna.

I find it very interesting to experiment with these ZIG markers on different surfaces, and this has got to be the less expensive method: I used cheap cardstock and a cheap brand of Gesso, which I diluted with tap water and painted onto the cardstock with a broad paintbrush. I left it to dry completely before stamping with black archival ink.

The beauty of this method is that no matter how long the ZIG markers are left to dry, and they do dry  quickly, you can still go back to it days later and lift the colours up with water, or go in with a Zig marker to add more colour or to blend the colours.

I used a waterbrush to blend the colours of Serena's hair, adding dots of more colour here and there as I went along. Her face is coloured with three light ZIG markers, and water just to lift up some of the colour on the tip of her nose, chin, and her right cheek (left side from where we're looking at her). Notice how I goofed on the shadow and light on her neck? They should've been be reversed, with the light source coming from the same side as that of her face. I didn't see my blunder till after I had placed the card here in my post. Oh, well ....

A note about the text on my card: I wanted to use my Dymo to spell that sentence, but half through it ran empty of tape and I didn't have a replacement. That's the look I wanted, though, as a hard contrast to Serena's soft face, so I made the text on my computer instead. The band-aid is real, though :)


I made this card with one challenge in mind, 
and I'm entering it to only that one challenge:

http://casology.blogspot.no/2016/10/week-221-cure.html 


Thanks for looking!



9 comments:

  1. heheh herlig måte å løse det på. Nydelig kort og stempel. Klemm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very witty! Love the watercolour look too. Have a great Sunday Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Serena looks gorgeous and I love the quirky touch (remember quirky is always good). You're sooooo clever Bibi, ah forget the shading, I always get confused on mine ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever and such fun. A real CAS beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahaha! This is brilliant! Love your clever and hilarious take on the cue word. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun take on the cue card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that's hilarious, Bibi!! What a creative and hilarious take on the cue! Love it! SO glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, this is TOO funny! I know I could use a cure for a bad hair day every once in a while! What a cool, whimsical image and great coloring...I especially love the nontraditional colors you chose! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bibi, this watercolor doesn't disappoint! I love it! Thanks for the gesso tip...I'm gonna totally use it. As always, thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥