Sunday, September 18, 2016

Colourful Seahorse Card


Hi, everyone! I wanted to make a card today, but my muse was sound asleep and I didn't know what to make ... So, I checked out the Paper Playful list of challenges to see if any there would inspire me.

I found two challenges that I liked. The first was a sketch from Mojo Monday - so that one gave me my layout, and then I found theme: Critters & Creatures Link Party.  I chose this adorble sea creature for my card:


I stamped the seahorse with black ink and coloured it in with Inketense and a waterbrush. 
Gemstones on the left side, green and blue glitter glue on the scalloped circle.

The seahorse stamp is from Stamp Oasis and I've had it for many years, but it's been a long time since I used it. I used to collect seahorse stamps, and this one is one of my faves. The text is a stamp from Rubber Dance. It's a one line stamp, but I cut it apart so I could center it inside the circle.


Here is the sketch I used from Mojo Monday:






 I'm entering my card to these two challenges:


Thanks for looking!



 PS: If you want to join a challenge, how about joining my challenge's 2nd anniversary
over at my company's blog? You have till Sept. 30th to link up :-)


11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Love the brights you used and the seahorse and it still looks so clean and fresh with lots of lovely white space. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know I'm aiming for that CAS look - again! :)

      Delete
  2. So fresh, fun and colorful. I love it...and I love that seahorse stamp, to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, StayC! :) Is this perhaps one of the seahorses you gave me? I can't remember, been so many years and you gave me several back then!

      Delete
  3. Totally love seahorses and your is so girly and pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, Sari! I think this card will be perfect for a girl's birthday :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Bibi, love the pink and blue combo.
    I really should join in your challenges, promise I will when I get more time!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I hope to see an entry from you in my challenge :)
      Hugs back xx

      Delete
  5. Love how you colored the seahorse and a really nice clean and simple design!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    xEllie
    Critters and Creatures Linky Party
    Let's Color Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellie! And thanks for the fun challenge! :)
      x

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty card. Love the sea horse stamp and how you've coloured it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥