Saturday, September 10, 2016

CASology Challenge, Week #214: BEACH - 2nd entry


Hello there! Welcome to my brand new blog! I've been joining the CASology challenge several times since June, but this is the first time I enter from my own, personal blog. My previous entries have been on my stamp company's blog, using nothing but stamps from that line. Which is fine, but I have been a stamper for decades and have a huge collection of stamps from other companies, and it's a pity that I never use them anymore! So, here we go ... my very own blog, where I can do whatever I want to ;-)

OK, long intro there - here's my 2nd entry for this week's cue word at CASology, BEACH:


I stamped the grassy sand dune (Cherry Pie) on watercolour paper and coloured it in with a waterbrush, using two hues of yellow ink for the sand and two greens for the grass. The shells and sentiment (Rubber Dance) were stamped with brown and yellow ink and adhered to the card with foam tape to pop them up a bit. I added a bit of blue ink to the sky for balance.

I'm entering my card to this challenge:



Thanks for visiting!


PS: You can see my 1st BEACH card 
and a few of my previous entries to the CASology Challenge in a post below.


14 comments:

  1. Yeah Bibi, I am your first gfc follower. I bet you get loads more soon. I love this card. It is so beach and so perfectly CAS. If it's not another hm or winner I will be surprized. Can't wait to see some more of your stamp stash. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray, my 1st follower! Thank you so much for your very kind words about my card! :)

      Delete
  2. your card is gorgeous... perfect take on the cue word!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary! I'll go look at yours and leave a comment :)

      Delete
  3. ADORE this Bibi!!! I really love how you composed the scene, and that little strip of blue sky just balances the whole image perfectly, adding depth and atmosphere! I must remember to try that myself! I am so glad you enjoy playing with us at CASology because we SO enjoy having you join us each week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel! Glad you like my strip of blue there - I was debating back and forth with myself before adding it, and I am glad I did :) I look forward to a new CASology challenge tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card, Bibi! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology from your personal blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacquie! I'll join again, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely perfect, Bibi! "Sand between my toes" is one thing I love about the beach!!! :) Like Hazel said, that little touch of blue sky is SO perfect! Love this little beach scene!

    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I have not had sand between my toes this sumer, but I can always borrow the bird sand bath ...one foot at a time ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow what a stunning card Bibi, just love your whole idea here. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aileen! Love your crab beach party card! :)

      Delete
  7. Hey Bibi, so amazing that you've got your own blog where you can view all your great work! I love all of your CAS card, they are so beautiful and delicate.
    Hugs, Anita ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! I guess it was about time I got my own blog after all these years .... ;)
      Hugs back ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥