Tuesday, 13 September 2016

CASology Challenge, Week #215: BARK


When I saw that this week's cue word at CASology was 'bark', I thought of a stamp that I knew I had somewhere with a heart carved into its bark.  Lo and behold - I found it! The 'grow' stamp is from the same set. 




The card above is my second attempt, after I had made and changed my mind about this one:

I didn't like all the autumn colours in the foliage,
as I think the colours stole the attention from the heart in the bark.
I cannot remember where the stamps are from. Please let me know if you do.

 A close-up of the letters to show the wood grains:



I'm entring my hearty bark card to this challenge:



Thanks for looking!

 

12 comments:

  1. Loving the look of your new blog Bibi and of course I'm following now
    Good luck in my stamp draw too :)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I appreciate you following my new blog :)
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. I think both versions are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Love the woodgrain letters. Very pretty tree. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both attempts are so pretty, Bibi! I do agree that the focus is squarely on the heart in your second attempt. Such a beautiful take on the cue (and a truly beautiful stamp) and thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel! :) I'm having so much fun with the CASology challenges!

      Delete
  5. Love the fall foliage version, but the second card does let that heart shine a little more! The wood grain in the letters is a fabulous detail. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Bibi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacquie! :-) Sorry for my late reply, I've been away on holiday this week... Back in time to join another CASology challenge, though! xx

      Delete
  6. While I too love both of these, I couldn't agree more about the simpler color scheme! Well done! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I can't wait to see what the next cue word at CASology will be on Tuesday! :-D

      Delete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥