Saturday, September 10, 2016

Less is More - CAS Cards


When I had the opportunity to sponsor the CASology Challenge Blog this summer, I got bitten by the CAS bug! In case you are unfamiliar with the term CAS, it means Clean And Simple. This is quite different from my usual style, which has been rather "more is more", with colourful backgrounds and several stamped images. I do love a good challenge, though, but little did I know that making CAS cards would be so addictive!

The lovely group of poeple behind the CASology Challenge always leave such sweet and encouraging comments, and not just from one of the teamies! I really appreciate that they take the time to visit all the entries and leave us some lovin'.  I suspect that this is one of the reasons I've become so fond of that place ;)

They give us a new cue word every Tuesday. I've actually set my alarm to go off when a new cue word is revealed - at 15:00 hours my local time. I haven't joined every weekly challenge since my first one in June, it depends on my workload and "life happens". A couple of weeks I have entered more than once.

Anyway! Here are some of the cards I have made for the CASology challenges since June, starting with a card that may look familiar (hint: my blog's header).




Cue Word: JOURNEY


Cue Word: JOURNEY 


Cue Word: BEACH
(1st of two entries)


Cue Word: DIZZY


Cue Word: FUN


Cue Word: SUNSHINE


Cue Word: ART

I thought the ART card above was a little busy, so I made this one as well:

Cue Word: ART


Cue Word: MASCULINE


Cue Word: STITCH


These last two have won me an Honorable Mention at the CASology blog! Yoohooo!

Cue Word: STITCH

Cue Word: DREAM
Inspired by Poe's poem, Dream Within a Dream, 
where the first line is "Take this kiss upon the brow".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to join the CASology challenges, you will find them here:



Thanks for looking!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥