Saturday, January 21, 2017

CAS Birthday Card in Gold and Silver


Hello, everyone! I made this card with three challenges in mind; the cue word 'cut' from CASology; the colours gold and silver from That's Crafty's challenge; Darnell's NBUS #8 challenge (NBUS = Never-Before-Used Schtuff). What I had never used before are both the large circle and birthday die cuts:



I cut the big circle only partially and tucked a pair of charm scissors underneath, to illustrate the CASology challenge's cue word, cut, in addition to using two die cuts.

The circle flap is lifted up by some foam dots, revealing the gold cardstock underneath. Attached to the silver scissors are metal threads in silver and gold -  the colours for That's Crafty's challenge:
 

Darnell from the NBUS challenge invites us to use a technique we haven't tried before, and cutting a die cut only partially is new to me ... and it took me three attempts to get it right ... I'm no rocket scientist, apparently!!


But wait a minute. Hadn't I forgotten something vital on this card? - No stamping??? Good grief! And I call myself a stamper? Heck, the very name of my blog is Stamped by Bibi! Oy, vey.

After realising what I had done (or not done), it slowly dawned on my thick head (after a minor panic attack) that there was room for more schtuff inside the card! (Ha! Turns out I'm super smart after all! *phew*)



On the left hand side I have used stamps from the set Happy Birthday from Rubber Dance. On the right hand side I have used one of my favourite stamps from That's Crafty!, namely this adorable cat named Bentley (a Donna Gray design). I gold embossed the greeting from African Animals (also Rubber Dance). I coloured Bentley in using Distress inks and a waterbrush. I repeated the same colours on the left hand side (rusty hinge, mustard seed, picked raspberry), leaving some white space in the middle to write a personal message.

The die cut square frame is gold cardstock. I added some silver embossing around the edge of the sentiment's circle, which is also a NBUS die cut (the set has 8 circles, I had only used a slightly bigger one before). I cut the large circle out of Strathmore Mixed Media paper, which has a smooth surface that I love using for stamped images I want to watercolour such as this:

 
So there you have it, a CAS card on the outside ...


- with a not-so-very CAS inside ....
.... where I've used four different STAMPS,
which means I won't have to change the name of my blog any time soon.


I'm entering my card to these three challenges:

CASology, Week # 232: Cut (due date Jan. 23.)
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8 (due date Jan 22.)




Thanks for looking!





7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Bibi and such a fun inside. I rarely decorate the insides of my cards, it is such a nice finish : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. Love the CAS outside. The scisssors are a fab touch for cut and the white and gold is so classy. Then you open it up for that explosion of colour and fun. Very cute cat. Love the colours and patterns on the lhs. Fab card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front is very cool and very clever Bibi! All the stamping on the inside makes the card extra special... there's a lucky person out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh ooooh and another ooooh LOVE this card Bibi but then I saw Bentley peeping out and now I love it even more ha ha! Oh and of course it's wonderful to see you over at the That's Crafty challenge too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card. Made me chuckle, so thank you x Great stamping inside the card and what a fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, Bibi, you've made several awesome cards in one with how you have brilliantly done the inside as fabulous as the outside!! I'm impressed! What a super fun idea to partially cut the die (I've not tried doing that technique yet!) and then adding the scissor charm! So terrific!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bibi, this is just SO creative! I love those miniature scissors and the gold!!! I've always admired people who take the time to decorate the insides of their cards! This is wonderful!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥