Sunday, 22 January 2017

My Favourite Hair Colour (on Stamped Images)


Hello, everyone! If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I often kick-start my muse by looking at papercraft challenges and then try to make something with the theme from one or two, sometimes three different ones. For today's make I've used the theme from SIX different challenges, although I can only enter my make to four of those since I didn't follow all the rules on all six - I was just inspired by their theme, one being 'use a lot of circles' (check!).

Anyway - joining the challenge over at That's Crafty's challenge blog once again, using silver and gold, and the Never-Before-Used Schtuff (NBUS #8) challenge over at Darnell's blog (my first entry for these two are here). My NBUS today are the silver paint and the smallest of the circle dies (it's but 16 mm in diameter).

Today I'm also joining the folks over at the As You Like It challenge, who want to know our Favourite Hair Colour Combo and Why (I'll get to that), and last but not least the Die Cut Diva's challenge where we can't use any sentiment this month, but must use at least one die.  I have used 3 sizes of a circle die with stitches, and placed one die inside the other to make circle frames.

OK, 'nuff talking - let's see the result!


I stamped Serena (from That's Crafty!) using black StazOn on Strathmore mixed media paper and coloured her in with ZIG clean colour markers, before painting the background silver with an acrylic paint from EcoGreen Crafts. This paint has no solvents, no chemicals or harmful odours, but it dries permanent. I've had this paint for a while now, but hadn't used it before. I love it! It has a beautiful shimmer, which you can see better on the close-up below. I also used it on the edges of the black panel:


 Like I mentioned above, the As You Like It challenge this time is to use our fave hair colour combo and explain why this is our fave. I have used ZIG clean colour markers, which I love because they are so vibrant and saturated, they also blend beautifully with one another and with water. For Serena's hair, I first blended  #082 Purple with #025 Pink and #050 Yellow, before going over them with a waterbrush. I like these unnatural hair colours because they're fun, and perhaps because I am a little envious ... my own hair is a rather dull brown. Once it turns white, I'll most likely dye it blue with turquoise stripes :-)




 


For Serena's face, I used ZIG # 042 Turquoise Green and #036 Light Blue, simply because I like these cold colours as a contrast to the warm colours of her hair. I used a waterbrush here as well and this time I wanted more of an "imperfect" watercolour effect, i.e. not as gradually blended as her hair.

I used the same pink for Serena's lips as I had used for her hair, and the same pink and yellow for the eyebrows.


I've used the same pink, purple, yellow and blue colours for the flowers (also a stamp from That's Crafty!, both a Donna Gray design).



I'm entering my make to these four challenges:

That's Crafty!: Silver a Gold (due date Jan 27.)
Darnell's NBUS # 8 (due date Jan 22.)
As You Like It: Fave Hair Colour and Why (due date Jan 25.)
Die Cut Divas: No sentiment, must use dies (due date Jan 31.)
Thank you for the fun challenges, folks!



Thanks for looking!

 


 


10 comments:

  1. So striking. Loving the colours. Fun layout and looking forward to photos when you die your hair blue and turquoise! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent coloring and design, Bibi! Thanks for playing again in my challenge this week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,wow and here's another wow Bibi!! LOVE the very funky Serena and flowers. You always use her in such a totally wonderful way. Soooooo happy to have you over at That's Crafty too,you rock girl :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual colour combo, one I would never have put together, but it makes this card original. Lovely stamps too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, FABulous hair hunny, that's beautifully done - wish I had the courage to use those colours on me! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, I like that hair color too! Thanks for linking up to our Sentiment Free challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun bright colors and card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. So many beautiful details. Love the gold stitched circles and here hair is wow. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. Those gold circles are beautiful and the whole card is striking.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for your sweet comments, everyone! ♥
    I promise that I will show you a photo of myself when I dye my hair, in whatever colour(s) it ends up with this summer ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥