Saturday, April 15, 2017

Join our Splash Challenge!


Hi everyone!

We have a new fortnightly challenge over at my company's blog where we ask you to use Black & White + One colour of your choice. Here is the card I made:




For my card I have used two of the new butterflies from Butterfly Trio (which is on sale until Tuesday, by the way), and a sentiment from Beautiful Words. I stamped the biggest butterfly onto cardstock and coloured it in using the Zig watercolour markers. I masked it before adding all the splashes (Distress ink spray). The other butterfly was coloured in the same way, then cut out leaving a thin white border. I curled the wings around a pen, glued  the body on top of the other butterfly, then coloured both their bodies with some blue glitter glue. Tomorrow I'll be giving this card to a dear friend of mine who loves butterflies!! She'll get the butterfly stamp set I used as well - well, not the one I used but a new one, of course! :-)


http://rubberdance.blogspot.no/2017/04/rubber-dance-theme-challenge-april.html


You'll find all the details you need about our challenge here. I hope you'll join us! :-)



Thanks for looking!



10 comments:

  1. Hi Bibi. I love how the smaller butterfly fits so beautifully inside the larger one...and the edging of white really makes it pop - a great effect!
    Your friend will love this card, and with a matching stamp as a gift is so thoughtful.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Bibi. Love the blue. Great fussy cutting and the white border gives a lovely highlight. So pretty with the double butterfly. I like the stenciled background and the split panel. A really lovely design. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous colour combo. The butterfly is beautiful. So many nice stamps everyone uses is inviting...I will be away as you know and back in a couple of weeks....see you then.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've used the new butterfly stamps. Gorgeous colours of blue...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Bibi, brilliant use of the new butterflies, your friend is very lucky to be receiving these xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty card Bibi, caught my eye and I just love that gorgeous butterfly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bibi! design, Despite all the splatters it's a CAS design, a very striking one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow now that's what I call a stunner of a card!! Bibi you are such a talented lady,oh yes you are ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Bibi love the splash of colour and the Butterflies look amazing hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty! I love the new butterflies!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥