Monday, 2 October 2017

Masking with Washi tape


Hey people! I want to show you the two cards that I made for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, which I'm sponsoring this month with stamps from Rubber Dance.  If you want to see more cards made by the Rubber Dance teamies, check out this post.

Here's my first card. I'll show you below how I made it:



I used the challenge colours in the opposite order of the stripes below:


And here's how I did that:

Mask off every other stripe using Washi tape - which is low-tack and won't tear the paper when you pull it off again. 
Fill stripes in with colour (I used Zig Clean Colour Makers and a waterbrush):


Stamp the twig image, using a waterproof ink: 



- Repeat the process with the other stripes. Easy peacy!
Here it is again so you don't have to scroll back:

 


The flower twig is from this stamp:


My second card for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge took a while longer to make, but I had such fun making it!
(... maybe a bit too much fun??)



 
I used stamps from these sets (all by Rubber Dance):
 Handsome Hedgehog, Funny Fungi, Sarcastic Superpower
 

When I started making this card, I didn't plan to make it look like an advertisement for LSD - or whichever hallucinating substance the hedgehog found in that toadstool .... 

Or maybe she's just high on glitter? Yeah, that's it.

Funny Fungi from Rubber Dance, coloured in with Zig Clean Colour Markers. 
I added Glossy Accent inside all the little circles, then sprinkled some fine glitter on top.
Flower stamped a second time, cut out and glued over the other.



When I make a card, I like to keep just the essentials on my table: 


OK, let's zoom out and see what I mean by "just the essentials" ..........



That's not too bad, is it? A girl needs her schtuff around to make a card - in this case TWO!
(My substance is coffee with soy milk, 'case you wondered what's in that mug. Keeps mama going all day!)


Thanks for looking!
 
Now, pop over to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog,
and join their October colour challenge!



5 comments:

  1. Such a fun first card and love the masking and the vibrant colours x Fabulous scene with the second card with an amazing background. Great shot of your desk/workspace...looks very familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Bibi, you’re certainly a girl that loves her colours too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards Bibi, and a great technique on the first one (and I loveeeee your desk haha, so similar to mine ooooh!!!!). Really reassuring! :-))))
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of the first but the second is full of fun and cute too! Great pic of your desk by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards and ideas and techniques here, Bibi. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥