Monday, August 07, 2017

Happy Accident Watercolour Card


Hi folks! When I was making some cards showcasing the new stamps from Rubber Dance, I stamped the magpie with Oxide inks and coloured in some areas with Zig clean colour markers. It looked OK, but kind of boring.... so I sprayed some water on it, and this happened. Whoopsie!


That wasn't my plan at all, so I put it aside and started on a new card ... but the more I glanced over at my magpie accident, the more it grew on me!  Who says we have to colour inside the lines, right?

So I made it into a card and did the same "accident" with the sentiment, only on purpose this time. 
I poked a hole through the beak for the silver string and threw some bling on it. So there you have it, my happy accident watercolour card, mounted on a glitter panel. Bling-bling!




I wish you all a happy week with many happy accidents! :-)

Thanks for looking ♥



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous bling and what a happy accident...love it x Great new stamps too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this effect, I actually used it on a bird recently too! This is a great card as is the one on the main blog, I thought the background was fabulous and the gems embellishments a fun accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Craftyfield! That's right - I think I left a comment on that bird of yours! Maybe I had that in the back of my mind when I decided to use this, in spite of my accident. Glad to hear you liked my other magpie card, too. xx

      Delete
  3. Oooooh beautiful Bibi, you shouldn't have 'fessed' up....I thought you were being very arty with the watercolours!! ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I'll do it on purpose and be real arty next time ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. It still look great. Sometimes the accidents turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! Thanks for becoming a follower, too! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥