Tuesday, 14 November 2017

On thin Ice with Shabby Chick!


Hello good people! I have made an attempt on a style I'm not comfortable with, it just sort of happened! I was playing with the new stamps from Rubber Dance, and I thought the ice skates would look nice if I made them vintage... and one thing just lead to another .... 

So, what is this - shabby chick or vintage? Vintage Shabby Chick? No matter what the style is called, it was fun to try something different from what I usually make. You know I love a good challenge! :-)

 



The next card is more my style, wouldn't you say? I printed the text out, but the images are from Whimsical Winter - one of the new stamp sets from Rubber Dance.





Here's another "Bibi style" card. The sentiment and penguin are both from the new stamps at Rubber Dance
(released today!).


I made the background first - sea with Distress Oxides and a spray of water, sky with regular Distress ink. All the images were stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with Zig markers, cut out and placed on top of my background. I cut a line through the "waves" and tucked half of the whale behind the waterline.  The whale and clouds are also stamps from Rubber Dance, 'case you wondered. I drew the shark fin on watercolour paper and coloured it with grey and black Zig markers. It looked better, not so flat, as if cut out of black cardstock.


Below are some tags I cut out of a background I had in my stash. Just having fun with the new sentiments stamps from Rubber Dance :-)




If you want to see more artwork with the new stamps, most made by Donna Gray who designed the new Whimsical Winter stamps for Rubber Dance, check out my post on the Rubber Dance blog.


Thanks for looking!
♥ Wishing you all a lovely and creative week ♥





http://www.rubberdance.com/shop?shop_section=163311


8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection of creations Bibi, from the delicate vintage style with Donna's fabulous skates to those fun and funky creations with your very own witty sentiments. They have made me giggle this morning! Thank you for sharing and brightening my day with samples from the New Releases..
    Warm Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey! I'm happy to hear that my makes made you giggle - mission completed! :-))) Warm hugs right back at you! ♥

      Delete
  2. I think your skates make is both Shabby chic AND Vintage! I love the style but I have trouble with getting enough "stuff", my attempts are on the cleaner side of Shabby... Love your other cards too, great new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Craftyfield! ♥ I know what you mean about getting enough stuff, it's not easy! Especially if you're used to cleaner makes (as we both are). My cards are usually 1-2, max 3 layers... But it was fun to try! x

      Delete
  3. Well I’m loving your new venture into the shabby chic style of crafting and you’ve done it beautifully Bibi along with all your other wonderful creations too, you certainly are a very talented young lady :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! ♥ It's so funny when you call me 'young lady', now that I'm finally at the age where I can use it as an excuse... ;-)

      Delete
  4. Amazing creations....Love the vintage/shabby chick style, along with your fun and whimsical style too x Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mac! ♥ Glad to hear that!! x

      Delete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥