Monday, December 12, 2016

Flower Power - Mixed Media Page


Hello, good people! Here is a piece that I've been working on for a couple of days. I've made it for the current challenge at That's Crafty, where the theme this time is Flower Power!

 
 Recognise the face stamp? I have used it before here and here.
The stamp is designed by my dear friend Donna Gray for That's Crafty in the UK.



I stamped the face on Strathmore Mixed Media paper and masked it with masking fluid.

When the fluid was dry, I sponged several colours of Distress inks on the background, misted it with water and Distress stains.

I used the side of an acrylic block dipped in white acrylic paint for the stripes. After that was completely dry, I stamped flowers and small texture stamps (all from Rubber Dance) randomly around the background. On the left you can also see part of a leaf stencil.









Once my background was finished, I peeled the masking fluid off the face and coloured it in with ZIG clean colour markers.

I made a negative mask around the hair and stamped the small flowers (Rubber Dance), also coloured with ZIG markers.

The flowers and leaves (all from Rubber Dance) were stamped on Strathmore MM paper, coloured in with ZIG markers and a waterbrush, cut out and placed on top of my picture.

I had great fun making this. Most of my makes lately have been CAS cards, so this was something completely different!

Stamps used:

Serena from That's Crafty!
Textured Flowers from Rubber Dance:



They go really well together, don't they?

 

I'm entering my make to this challenge:

That's Crafty: Flower Power
(deadline is December 23rd)

Thanks for looking!



Edited: This entry won me a Top 3 at the That's Crafty challenge! I'm so honoured!!



14 comments:

  1. Love this mixed media page with so beautiful stamps and colors. Great techniques too that I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie-Christine! Glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this bright and beautiful project. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamps go so well together Bibi. Lovely vibrant work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! Yes, I think they do :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm absolutely gob smacked with the beauty of this Bibi, I'm not often lost for words but this is just stunning!! I love how mine and your stamps are a match made in heaven! What a brilliant background too. Oooh nearly forgot, thanks for joining us at That's Crafty too of course :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna dear! So glad to hear how much you like it!! I will combine our two sets of stamps again, that's for sure! I've also got an idea for the flowers combined with Bentley the cat :)
      Hugs back xx

      Delete
  5. That is gorgeous Bibi, vibrant! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing project. Just love the vibrant colours and how you've used the two stamps sets and yes they do go so well together. Clever how you've used the flower/leaves around the neck of the girl. Loving everything about this piece and yes completely different and fabulous! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this over at That's Crafty Challenge Bibi and I had to come take a closer look. It's beautiful! Just beautifully stamped and awesome colours you've used too. I didn't realise you had your own blog so am now following as you make so much beautiful art! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! Welcome to my blog, thanks for following! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥