Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Soft Ball - Birthday Card for a Boy


Many things are soft so I have a few ideas for this week's challenge at CASology. I hope I have time to make more than this one, but I'm going away this weekend and have a few things to do before leaving. Anyway - here's my first of hopefully more entries:


This funny fella is a stamp from Stamp-It (Australia). The stamp comes with that sentiment, but I didn't like the font they had used so I cut it off and stamped the same text with a tiny alphabet stamp (unknown).   Image and text stamped on Strathmore mixed media paper with 2nd impression of black Archival Ink, as I do not have any water resistant grey and I wanted it to be soft. Coloured in with ZIG clean colour markers and a waterbrush. 

I added the yarn before mounting on a grey panel, then added the scissor charm from the Norwegian company Korthobby. I think those scissors were fun to add to a sheep card :-)

The Korthobby challenge right now is 'Masculine & Metall from Korthobby.no' and I hope they think my ram is manly enough to pass! I used grey and blue to make my card suitable for a boy's birthday. (For any Norwegian who might not know: 'Have a ball' basically means 'Ha det kjempegøy', and it's also a play with words since the ram is a ball of yarn).

I'm entering my card to these two challenges:

Korthobby: Maskulint & Metall
CASology: Soft


Thanks for looking! 




10 comments:

  1. Ha ha love it Bibi, the little sheep is a real sweetie and I just love your interpretation of the theme too, you clever lady ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea, the image is fun, the sentiment also and the scissors & wool are the perfect embellishment (no wonder the poor lamb is scared)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Bibi....great design and the scizzors are hilarious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and adorable card and so clever x You sure do CAS cards with a twist and I love that! x My blog is up and running again so hoping to find time to craft soon....I am missing it x Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card today x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft in two ways--I love how you did this card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BiBi that is such a fun card! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stilig kort😊 Takk for at du deltar i Korthobby's utfordring denne måneden med dette fine kortet!
    Lisen😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bibi, the expression on that sheep's face makes me LAUGH!! Love how you put this card together. Your choice of font really compliments the movement created by that funny little sheep 'ball', and the scissor charm and thread adds a fun touch of texture! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, what a fun image and I love the wool and scissors. Cool card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥