Saturday, November 19, 2016

Need a Hug? (CASology #224: Embrace)


Here's a hug for you:  
I made this card for the CASology challenge, cue word 'embrace'.  I stamped #hug using the open letters from Alphabet Uno (Rubber Dance) with black archival ink on watercolour paper. Letters coloured in with Zig clean colour markers, then given a light mist of water. This is my 3rd attempt - too much water on my first two made it look muddy instead of CAS.

 


 

I coloured a heart of wood with a pink Zig marker and gave it a coat of varnish just to make sure the colour wouldn't rub off on the white background. These heart have tiny hearts for holes. How cute is that?



 I'm entering my card to just this one challenge:

https://casology.blogspot.no/2016/11/week-224-embrace.html


 
Here, grab another hug before you leave:

One of my attempts, this time with clear beads trapped in Dimensional Magic. Meh...
But the hug is heartfelt nevertheless!


Thanks for looking!





14 comments:

  1. I like your Hugs! No idea what is dimensional magic but if it didn't grab enough beads maybe you could finish filling in the word with some glitter or mica powder? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ♥
      Dimensional Magic is the same as Glossy Accents, just a different brand. I guess the beads I used were too big so it looked "crowded" inside the letters. I'll try smaller beads and glitter next time - we can never use too much glitter ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Æ må bare innrømme at du er virkelig helt utrolig på slike kort som dette. Tror jeg trenger å gå på kurs hos deg. Nydelig helg til deg snuppa, klemmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk, vennen ♥ Kurs kan du selvsagt få, ellers er det jo bare å begynne med å se hvor lite du "tør" å ha på et kort. Ganske utfordrende, men moro! God helg til deg også, søta! Klemmer

      Delete
  3. This is so colorful and pretty. You used just the perfect amount of water on this one. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! ♥ I really enjoy the new cue words at CASology every week! xx

      Delete
  4. A Bibi hug is probably the best hug in the world, loving your fab card ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you sweet! ♥ Let's meet so you can find out! ;)
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  5. Very fun Bibi, love the colours! Thank you so much for sharing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely hug indeed, Bibi! Love the hashtag too, and the wooden heart is the perfect embellishment! Great to have you join us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel! ♥ I wasn't sure about the # at first, but just 'hug' was a little borning .. :)

      Delete
  7. This is so unique and creative, Bibi! Love the use of the hashtag!!! That little heart is so cute and really adds to the overall design!
    Thank you so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! ♥ Glad to hear you like my card! :))

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU! ♥