Thursday, 17 November 2016

Blue Winter, Card with Dies and Stamps


Winter is upon us here in Norway. This is what it looks like just a few kilometres from where I live, but a bit further south we don't have any snow ...yet! It'll come soon enough, though ...

 

The stars and houses are from Rubber Dance (Textured Houses), stamped on Strathmore Mixed Media paper (my new favourite) with blue Archival Ink, coloured in with Zig Clean Colour markers and a waterbrush. I made the hills in the back by drawing a line with a Zig marker, then adding water with the waterbrush. The "hills" with the tiny trees in front of the houses are made with a cool die from Your Next Stamp (Evergreen Tree Border). The bigger trees in the front are a die by Dee's Distinctively Dies (Large Snow Covered Tree). I don't use dies very often, but I wanted to join a challenge (see below) and this card was such fun to make that I think I will be making more cards with dies pretty soon!


The big trees were cut out from cardstock that I had given a coat of Gesso. They are coloured in with ZIG Clean Colour markers and a waterbrush. I added some glitter on top of some of the branches. Finally, mounted my scene on a silver cardbase and added a shiny star

I'm entering my card to these three challenges:

1) Happy Little Stampers, November Challenge: 
Anything Goes with Dies 
2) The Crafty Addicts, Challenge #28:  
Anything Goes/Winter Blues
3) Craft Stamper, T.I.M.I. November challenge:
Anything goes, just remember to stamp somewhere!







Thanks for looking!
 


Update: This card won me a place among the favourites at Happy Little Stampers!


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely Winter scene, I guess you get more snowy landscapes in Norway than over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I guess we do - at least in most of Norway. Right now we're "blessed" with rain again in my part of the country. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks so beautifully snowy Bibi, I'm almost shivering here looking at it's glacial loveliness ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! It does look cold, doesn't it!
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Great little winter scene. Thanks for playing long with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little winter scene! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful winter scene! Love the dies! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those houses in blue. Very pretty scene. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I guess it's not common that people go back to see if they were thanked for their comments, so I will say it now: THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment! ♥